I. WEATHER UPDATE
02 August 2019
• At 10:00 AM, the Low-Pressure Area (LPA) was estimated based on all available data at 1,050 km East of Southern Luzon (13.2°N, 133.9°E) and is expected to develop into a Tropical Depression (TD) with the local name "HANNA" within 48 hours
• At 3:00 PM, the LPA was estimated based on all available data at 1,060 km East of Virac, Catanduanes (14.4°N, 134.0°E).
• Southwest Monsoon affecting the western section of Luzon.
Forecast Weather Condition
• Monsoon rains caused by the Southwest Monsoon will be experienced over Metro Manila, (locos Region, Cordillera Administrative Region, CALABARZON, MIMAROPA, Zambales and Bataan. Possible flash floods or landslides due to light to moderate to at times heavy monsoon rains.
• Cloudy skies with scattered rain showers and thunderstorms due to the Southwest Monsoon will prevail over the rest of Central Luzon.
• Cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms caused by the Trough of LPA will be experienced Bicol Region, Visayas, Caraga and Davao Region