Mindanao Humanitarian Situation Update, 14 September
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- Clan fighting known as rido erupted anew between the commanders of Moro Islamic Liberation Front and Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Movement, displacing over 2,000 households in North Cotabato Province. Sporadic clan fighting continues to be reported in central Mindanao.
- Insecurity is impeding humanitarian response to rido and other armed conflicts.
- An estimated 1,700 people remain displaced by the flooding in June. Water is slow to subside in some areas in Sultan Kudarat Province, where 12,600 people can only be reached by boat.
- The Mindanao Humanitarian Action Plan 2011 is 50% funded at US$16.6 million with funding support from the Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF), Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Philippines, Saudi Arabia and Spain.
- Early recovery and livelihood support as well as demining remain severely underfunded.
To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.