Disaster Recovery and Rehabilitation Division
1. ESCAP and CFW for the Typhoon “Lawin”-Affected Households in CAR, Regions I, II and III:
Targets 200,624 households with damaged houses costing P2,755,713,635.00 at P30,000.00 each for households with totally damaged houses and P10,0000.00 each for those with partially damaged shelters:
A total of 161,474 households with damaged houses is targeted to avail the initial assistance of P5,000.00 each amounting to P807,370,000.00;
To date, 146,509 household-beneficiaries or 91% have already received the initial assistance amounting of P5,000.00 each amounting to P732,545,000.00 charged against the regular QRF. Distribution is still ongoing for the remaining 14,965 household-beneficiaries amounting to P74,825,000.00 in Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR):
A total of 79 households with 6 totally damaged houses and 73 partially damaged houses in Region III have already availed the full assistance of P30,000.00 and P10,000.00 each amounting to P395,0000.00.
The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) has already released a total amount of **P2,077,201,000.00:**
All funds have been released to the implementing DSWD-FOs:
The allotment shall cover the following:
- Funding for the remaining 14,965 unserved households at P10,000.00 each for households with partially damaged houses and P30,000.00 each for those with totally damaged shelters;
- Full funding for the 143,060 households who have already received the initial assistance of P5,000.00 each at P25,000.00 for a household with totally damaged house and P5,000.00 for a household with partially destroyed shelter;
- CFW as support service for the ESCAP at a maximum of 10 days for households with totally damaged houses and 5 days for those with partially destroyed shelters; and,
- Project completion is targeted within the year.
2. ESA and CFW for the Typhoon “Nina”-Affected Households in Regions IV-A, IV-B and V:
A total of 259,217 household-beneficiaries are targeted for the emergency shelter assistance at the rate of P30,000.00 for totally-damaged houses and P10,000.00 for partially-damaged houses.
A total of **36,518** or **15%** of the total target have already received the initial assistance of P5,000.00 each amounting to **₱182,590,000.00.**
The DBM has released the amount of P3,836,277,070.00:
A total amount of **P3,514,136,490.00** have been downloaded to Regions IV-A ,IV-B and V per SAA dated 27 April 2017for the full implementation at P30,000.00 each for households with totally damaged houses and P10,000.00 each, for those with partially destroyed houses.
The allotment covers the following funding:
- Additional allotment to cover the full assistance of household-beneficiaries who have already availed the P5,000.00 assistance at P25,000.00 for households with totally damaged houses and P5,000.00 for those with partially destroyed homes;
- Full funding for households who have not availed the initial assistance at P30,000.00 each for household-beneficiaries with totally damaged houses and P10,000.00 for those with partially destroyed shelters;
- CFW support for the shelter repair/reconstruction in Regions IV-A and IV-B at 10 days for households with totally damaged houses and 5 days for those with partially destroyed shelters;
- FFW as support component for the shelter repair/reconstruction in Region V at 2 family food packs/family at P406.00/food pack both for households with totally and partially damaged houses; and,
- Project management fund.
- All implementing DSWD-FOs shall be using multiple modalities in the distribution through direct cash payout and LGU fund transfer. The Cash Card modality could not be used for this purpose given the ongoing migration from magnetic strip-based card to EuropayMastercard and visa chip system (EMV).
- Project completion is targeted within the year.
3. ESA and CFW implementation for the earthquake-affected households in Region IV-CALABARZON, CARAGA and ARMM:
A total of 19,208 households are targeted for ESA amounting to P208,664,000.00:
Eighty (80) percent or 19,208 households have been funded costing P169,080,000.00:
a. The rate of assistance for Region IV-CALABARZON and ARMM is P30,000.00 for households with totally damaged houses and P10,000.00 for households with partially destroyed homes. On the other hand, the cost of ESA in CARAGA ranges from P7,000.00 t0 P30,000.00 for households with totally damaged houses and P7,000.00 to P10,000.00 for households with partially destroyed shelters complementing the ESA provided by the Provincial Government of Surigao del Norte;
b. The funding gap for Region IV-CALABARZON in the amount of P13,690,000.00 for1,297 household-beneficiaries is currently on process for sub-allotment and transfer of funds as a result of the June 29, 2017 LGU orientation in Mabini, Batangas; and,
c. The additional requirement for the 2,537 households in Surigao del Norte, CARAGA amounting to P25,894,000.00 has been submitted to the Office of the Secretary for approval per request for sub-allotment and transfer of funds dated 19 June 2017.
- A total of 10,934 household-beneficiaries representing 71 percent of the total funded target number has already received their ESA.
a. Region IV-CALABARZON’s balance targets for distribution are expected for completion in September 2017 as agreed during the 29 June 2017 LGU orientation; and
b. CARAGA and ARMM’s balance targets for distribution are expected for completion within the month of July 2017.
The funds were released to the DSWD-Field Offices (FOs) per issued Sub-Allotment Advices (SAAs), as follows:
The total allotment includes CFW funding as support component to the ESA covering 10 days for households with totally damaged houses and 5 days for households with partially damaged shelters.
4. ESA for Typhoon “Nona” affected families in Region VIII:
A total of P418,458,678.00 has been released to DSWD- FO VIII for 52,934 families in 18 municipalities.
Out of the total funded target of 52,934 families, 76 percent (40,217 families) have already received the assistance amounting to P329,729,279.00.
An amount of P499,023,217.00 has been released to DSWD-FO VIII to cover 54,039 families in 7 municipalities.
5. 5K Presidential Financial Assistance for Typhoon “Yolanda” Affected Households
A total of 196,258 households with damaged houses are targeted to avail the 5KPFA; and,
Region VI has the most number of target beneficiaries at 64 percent and trailed by Region VIII at 32 percent. NIR and Region VI has 4 percent and .1 percent, respectively.
Eighty-Five (85) percent or 166,606 households has been validated with complete validation in NIR, Region VII and VIII and 77 percent in Region VI; and,
Validation in Region VI for 29,652 households is targeted for completion by July 15, 2017.
Out of the total validated number of 166,606 households, 106,669 or 64 of them have qualified to access the 5KPFA; and,
NIR registered with the most number of qualified beneficiaries at 70 percent, Region VIII at 64 percent, Region VI at 62 percent and Region VII at 29 percent.
Based on the June 02, 2017 timeline of the Land Bank of the Philippines (LBP) to submit the cash card batch opening file/list, 63,442 household-beneficiaries have qualified for the LBP Cash Card (LBP-CC) modality representing 59 percent of the total number of eligible beneficiaries; and,
NIR registered with the most number of beneficiaries for LBP-CC at 96 percent trailed by Region VI at 92 percent and Region VIII at 8 percent;
The remaining 43,247 household-beneficiaries who have not met the deadline for the LBP Cash Card processing are for direct cash payout by the Special Disbursing Officers (SDOs) of the DSWD-FOs. Funds for this purpose in the amount of P216,2335,000.00 is currently on process for the approval of the Secretary; and,
All of Region VII’s target are thru direct cash payout followed by Region VIII at 92 percent, Region VI at 8 percent and NIR at 4 percent.
As of to date, 270 beneficiaries out of the 63,442 target for LBP-CC release has already received the 5KPFA which covers Region VI (114), NIR (113) and Region VIII (43); and,
By analysis, approximately fifty (50) working days are required for the entire process in the release of the LBP-CC to the beneficiaries given the following timeline:
Based on the timeline of the last submission of the batch opening file, the remaining 63,158 household-beneficiaries in normal conditions is expected to be completed by 11 July 2017;
For the direct cash payout, 318 beneficiaries in Region VII (107) and Region VIII (211) have already received the assistance; and,
Payout for the remaining 106,084 beneficiaries is expected to be completed by end of July 2017.#