Regional Summary (Week 12)
1) Most of disasters occurred were hydro-meteorological in nature with floods in Indonesia and strong wind in Thailand recorded.
2) In Philippines, volcanic activities of Mount Mayon still affected people in Albay Province. In Indonesia, Mount Ijen released toxic gas and forced evacuation of nearby villages.
3) AHA Centre also monitored several > M 5.0 earthquakes in in Indonesia and Philippines in Week 12, although they did not caused any damages and triggered disaster declaration.
4) AHA Centre also monitored the development and trajectory of Tropical Cyclone Nora since 22 March 2018 in Arafura Sea of Indonesia. There were no casualties and damages reported and TC Nora is moving away from ASEAN region towards Australian territory.
5) ASMC maintains Alert Level 2 for hotspots in northern part of ASEAN region.
6) All disasters occurred in Week 12 were within the capacity of respective ASEAN Member States