• AHA Centre Disaster Monitoring & Response System maintain the highest alert “WARNING” for Typhoon Tembin (Vinta), approximate current location at 8.3 N, 113.2 with maximum wind speeds 148 kph gusts of 185 kph).
• Philippines, Typhoon Tembin affected 268,792 persons (59,580 families) in 518 barangays of 21 provinces in 9 Regions MIMAROPA, VII, X, IX, X, XI,
XII, ARMM and CARAGA (DSWD).
• Considering various reports and sources, death toll due to Typhoon Tembin may reach around 180-200 people.
• Evacuations: 13,491 families / 57,768 persons are currently residing in 202 evacuation centres in 6 regions (MIMAROPA. VII, IX, X, XI and Caraga). A total of 3,832 families/19,187 persons in Region X, XI and CARAGA are evacuating outside of centres (DSWD).
• DSWD is currently providing relief items and support assistance to Marawi IDPs residing in Lanao del Norte
• In Region XI, DSWD is assessing possibility of providing additional supports to local governments.
• For detailed information: Disaster Response Operations Monitoring and Information Center (DROMIC), DSWD.
• Viet Nam, the NCHMF has updated warning of Typhoon Tembin for provinces in the southern part (24-Dec-2017, 17:00 UTC+7).
VDMA/CCNDPC reported intensification of government efforts to assist evacuation of people in the most prone areas before Typhoon Tembin make landfall on 25-Dec-2017.
• As of 24-Dec-2017 17:00 UTC +7, government agencies of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia,
Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand are releasing warnings for extreme rainfall & high waves in some areas; it may increasing risks in some provinces already flooded several times in the past weeks (ADInet).
• Social media: #VintaPH, #Tembin and a Crisis Response Page are active.
• AHA Centre is in close communication with counterparts in Philippines, Viet Nam and other ASEAN member states under monitoring. Once additional information becomes available, AHA Centre will release another update.