Philippines, TS Tembin (33, Vinta) will accelerate towards Palawan, with wind speed up to 120 kph (wind gust 148 kph) and bring 76.2-152.4 mm of rainfall within the next 36 hours).
• TS Tembin affected:
• Death toll stands at 133
• 26,580 families / 108,969 persons
• 389 barangays in 5 regions
• 17,023 families / 68,833 persons are currently residing in 227 evacuation centres in 5 regions
• Search, Rescue and retrieval efforts are currently underway in the affected areas of TS Vinta.
• Landslide and flooding had affected 3 national roads thus far
• Certain areas have been experiencing telecommunications disruption and power failure.
• For detailed information, please refer to the following link and Disaster Response Operations & info Centre (DROMIC)
• DSWD is currently providing relief items and support assistance to Marawi IDPs residing in Lanao del Norte
• Viet Nam, the NCHMF has updated warning of TS Tembin for central and south provinces. The CCNDPC has released Official Telegraph No. 94 on response preparation for TS Tembin. Government agencies in Khanh Hoa & Kien Giang informing 346,146 people to avoid high risk areas due to TS Tembin path.
• TS Kai-tak and TS Tembin brought heavy rainfall in eastern part of Malaysia, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, southern part of Thailand and northern part of Sumatra & Borneo in Indonesia; increasing flooding risks in provinces already flooded several times in the past weeks (ADInet).
• #VintaPH and #Tembin are used by social media users.
• AHA Centre is monitoring the situation & will release another update once information becomes available.