SUMMARY of TD Kai-Tak (PH, BN, MY, ID)
1) TD Kai-tak left significant damage in Philippines. As of 20-Dec-17, 298,396 families or 1,150,486 persons are affected in 1,766 barangays in Regions V, VI, VII, VIII,
MIMAROPA and CARAGA; 11,752 families are in 236 evacuation centers (DSWD).
2) TD Kai-tak is currently located at 6.8 N & 109.5 E & lowered to Tropical Depression.
3) AHA Centre DMRS lowered warning level to ADVISORY for Brunei Darussalam, Malaysia & Indonesia due to rainfall brought by TD Kai-tak
4) TD Kai-tak caused flash floods in Brunei Darussalam on 20-Dec & alert for high waves is still active for 21-Dec (BDMD).
5) 426 people have been affected by flooding in Sarawak (NADMA) due to TD Kai-tak. It is still moving and current forecast suggests it will reach State of Terengganu on 22-Dec-17, 19:00 (UTC +7) and increase risk of flooding.
SUMMARY of TS Tembin Forecast (PH, VN)
1) AHA Centre Disaster Monitoring & Response System (DMRS) has detected significant alert (WATCH) for Tropical Storm Tembin (33), current location: 8.6 N & 129.5 2) In Philippines, TS Tembin (33, Vinta) may bring 76-152 mm of rainfall and 0.3-0.9 m of storm surge in Central Visayas, Easter Visayas, Caraga Davao and Northeastern of Mindanao (within 24 hours).
3) Current forecast suggests TS Tembin (33) may develop into Typhoon Category 1 on 24-Dec-17 00:07 UTC+7, with wind speed 120 kph & wind gusts 148 kph. It will bring up to 228-304 mm of rainfall & 0.3-0.9 m of storm surge in South China Sea; affecting Palawan and south-central provinces of Viet Nam.
4) See forecast and current preparedness measure status for Philippines and Viet Nam in the next page.
5) AHA Centre is monitoring the situation & will release another update once information becomes available