USD 4.9 m six months net funding requirements
• The COVID-19 state of emergency has been extended until 31 August 2020. Targeted quarantine remains in place.
• WFP completed the first cash-based transfers as part of its emergency response.
This operation was possible through the activation of the global LTA with Western Union that benefited both migrant and local populations.
• Funding from USAID's Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) will allow WFP to expand its logistics support services to INDECI. As of July, nationwide distributions have reached an estimated 30,000 quarantined beneficiaries as part of INDECI's "Te Cuido Peru" Programme.
• As part of the joint WFP/PAHO-WHO intervention to strengthen the government's technical capacities and response to the health emergency in Ancash, 70,000 PPE for health professionals were distributed. This is part of the PAHO/WHO component. WFP has implemented its first cash transfers to households under quarantine.
• WFP provided technical support to the National Council of Ministers for the design and implementation of a logistics plan to deliver around 200,000 humanitarian kits in Lima and Callao. The first 20,000 distributions were completed in July.
• WFP's signature programme "Cocina con Causa (at home)" returned to social media in July with a stronger focus on food conservation and nutritious and inexpensive recipes in view of the socio-economic situation as a result of COVID-19.
• WFP and the Repsol Foundation have renewed their partnership to continue strengthening institutional capacities for the promotion of food security and reduction of anaemia among children in Ventanilla.
• WFP organized a webinar to prepare for the upcoming frost season in coordination with INDECI and CENEPRED. Over 330 participants joined the online event.
• A survey to gather users’ feedback on “AgroChatea” was implemented in coordination with MINAGRI. 86% percent of respondents find the app very useful/useful. It provides live market prices data for food products in Lima.