- PERU: More than 530 people affected by a cold wave. Apurimac, Arequipa and Ayacucho are the most affected departments.
- HONDURAS: IFRC allocated a DREF (Disaster Relief Emergency Fund) of USD 28,132 to support the Honduran Red Cross (HRC) in its initial assessments and provision of basic relief assistance to families affected by last week's Earthquake.
- INFLUENZA A(H1N1): As of 8 June 2009, 73 countries have officially reported 25,288 cases of influenza A(H1N1), with 139 deaths. From this total, 6990 (109 deaths) cases are from the Latin American and Caribbean region.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.