Skip to main content
Paraguay - Severe Weather (DG ECHO, Government of Paraguay, Meteorologia Paraguay, NOAA, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 13 May 2019)
- Heavy rainfall has hit Paraguay in recent days generating flooding in southern areas.
- More than 18,000 have been affected in Neembucu Department (10,150 in the capital Pilar) by flooding from the Paraguay river. Roads and houses have also been flooded in Asuncion (Capital District).
- The Paraguay River is at critical level in the cities of Pilar, Asuncion and Rosario (San Pedro District).
- A state of emergency was declared for Neembucu on 8 May, while food and relief supplies are being distributed to the affected families.
- Over the next 24 hours, heavy rainfall is forecast for the central-eastern areas of the Country.