4,727 mt of food assistance distributed
US$ 362,000 cash-based transfers made
US$ 28.81 m six months (June 2019 - November 2019) net funding requirements
205,000 people assisted in May 2019
• Drought Response Activities in Sidh and Balochistan: Training of Trainers and Trickle Down Trainings were conducted in Tharparkar, Sindh, and Killa Abdullah, Balochistan, to initiate Community-based Management of Acut e Malnutrition (CMAM) activities. In total, 170 government staff members were engaged in these trainings to ensure quality implementation.
• The distribution of supplementary nutritious food to registered women and children is ongoing.
• Orientation sessions and training of partners for the implementation of Food Assistance for Assets Activities in Killa Abdullah, Balochistan are ongoing. Area prioritization and sectoral assessments have been completed, in preparation for the implementation of the interventions in the districts of Tharparkar and Umerkot in Sindh.
Partner assessments in these districts are ongoing.
• One UN Programme II Outcome 4: A meeting was held on 30 May with all UN partner agencies. During the meeting, the progress of Outcome 4 (Nutrition & Food Security) was reviewed against the 2018 work plan. Additionally, the 2019 work plan was discussed along with key ongoing initiatives, priorities and coordination challenges.
• In collaboration with the National Fortification Alliance, the Chakki wheat flour fortification pilot project for Rawalpindi and Islamabad was formally launched in May 2019.
• Stunting Prevention Operational Research: The 1,000-day “window of opportunity” data analysis for Sindh will be shared by end of June. The contract extension process is underway for the ongoing operational research in Kurram District, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and Pishin District,
Balochistan. The process evaluation is due to be completed in the Pishin and Kurram districts by the end of June.