UNICEF Pakistan Update: 2012 Floods: Needs and Response 8 - 21 November 2012
The National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) has declared that 5.1 million people have been affected in three provinces by the 2012 monsoon floods.
UNICEF KEY ACHIEVEMENTS
- 388,806 people reached with safe drinking water through water tankering, handpumps, rehabilitation of water schemes, and household water treatment options
- 279,360 people provided with hygiene messages
- 47,099 children vaccinated against measles
- 179,703 children treated for diarrhea by Lady Health Workers
- 66,105 children and 34,636 pregnant and lactating women screened for malnutrition
- 20,965 children enrolled in 336 Temporary Learning Centres
- 2,904 children and 678 women attending Protective Learning and Community Emergency Services (PLaCES)
UNICEF is the lead agency for coordination for WASH, Education (with Save the Children), Nutrition and Child Protection.