All Clusters have prepared proposals for the Early Recovery Framework for the 2011 Floods which is being finalized by the National Disaster Management Authority. UNICEF leads the WASH, Nutrition, and Education (with Save the Children) Clusters and the Child Protection sub-Cluster.
- 4.8 million affected, of which 2.4 million are children and 1.2 million women.
- 84% of the affected population are food-insecure.
- 46% of the health facilities were damaged by the floods.
- Open defecation increased by 11-17%, increasing exposure to disease.
- 1,342 schools are fully damaged and 2,638 schools are partially damaged due to the floods. 1,100 schools were used as displacement shelters in several districts of Sindh.
- In Balochistan 0.3 million people are affected.
- 531 schools were damaged during the monsoon rains.