All Clusters have presented Early Recovery projects to the Provincial Disaster Management Authority in Sindh and Balochistan for a possible launch of the Early Recovery Framework at end January.
- 4.8 million affected, of which 2.4 million are children and 1.2 million women.
- 797,000 houses were reportedly damaged during the floods, of which 41% were completely destroyed.
- 84% of the affected population are food-insecure.
- 46% of the health facilities were damaged by the floods.
- Open defecation increased by 11-17%, increasing exposure to disease.
- 70% of children lost all their learning materials in the floods.
- 60% of the schools have been damaged or 9,327 schools
- In Balochistan 0.3 million people are affected.
- 531 schools were damaged during the monsoon rains.