- Immediately after airstrikes on the hideouts of militants in the targeted areas of North Waziristan Agency by Pak Army on 21st May 2014, mass exodus of the population started from the area on 22nd May 2014 to the settled districts of KPK.
- As per FDMA’s figures of 10th Aug, 2014, total 95,356 Families (1,002,002 Individual) have been registered in district Bannu, Peshawar and Kurram Agency, with more than 74 per cent of them women and children. Registration is closed to register more IDPs.
- PRCS NHQ in coordination with its Provincial and District Branches responded immediately to the situation by sending its team of trained staff and volunteers from District Bannu, Mansehra, KP, FATA and NHQ Islamabad to carry out rapid assessment on 19th June, 2014 and based on the findings relief operation commenced on 22nd June,2014.
- PRCS assisted the IDPs families in the sectors of Health & Care, Watsan, PSP, RFL, provision of Food & Non Food items
1. PRCS Initial Response
a. PRCS relief operation commenced on 22nd June with initial response as under:-
- Cooked rice to approx. 23000 IDPs
- Health care to 1,690 IDPs through deployment of 4 x Mobile Health Units
- Deployment of 05 Ambulances
- Provision of 22,000 liters of clean Drinking Water
b. PRCS case load to assist the IDPs are as under:-
- Non Food Items 8,000 families (One time distribution)
- Food Items 10,000 Families (Through WFP for three months)