The WMMR objectives are to monitor the trend of health conditions over a period of time and provide vital information to all health partners. The WMMR is only a snapshot of the health conditions in those facilities where events are registered and data collected and does not necessarily reflect the situation from other health facilities.
The WMMR is a publication that has been developed for emergencies and previously used in other areas such as the Darfur Crisis.
The WMMR is produced with the financial support of AAI Australia, Americares, CIDA, Denmark, DFID, ECHO, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Monaco, Norway, SIDA, Slovak Republic, Switzerland, Turkey, USAID
- In the past month (Epidemiological weeks 14-17 inclusive), 154,710 health events under surveillance were reported including 70 deaths
- This week, there were 322 (96%) reporting units contributing to the report.
- In week 17, Total 88,828 consultations were reported, with 22 deaths
- There were no measles cases reported in the EQ districts in week 17
- Alerts were received for suspected hepatitis and malaria in Mansehra; in both cases there was no clustering
- An alert for four cases of meningitis was received from AIMS Muzffarabad.
-Two of the patients had already died