The WMMR objectives are to monitor the trend of health conditions over a period of time and provide vital information to all health partners. The WMMR is only a snapshot of the health conditions in those facilities where events are registered and data collected and does not necessarily reflect the situation from other health facilities.
The WMMR is a publication that has been developed for emergencies and previously used in other areas such as the Darfur Crisis.
The WMMR is produced with the financial support of AAI Australia, Americares, CIDA, Denmark, DFID, ECHO, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Monaco, Norway, SIDA, Slovak Republic, Switzerland, Turkey, USAID
- In the past month (Epidemiological weeks 05-08 inclusive), 125,751 health events under surveillance were reported including 81 deaths
- This week, there were 320 (98%) reporting units contributing to the report.
- In week 8, Total 83,221 consultations were reported, with 16 deaths
- The rate of acute watery diarrhoea has increased from week 7 (24%)
- The ARI rate is two percentage point higher in week 8 of 2007 to that of week 8 of 2006