The WMMR objectives are to monitor the trend of health conditions over a period of time and provide vital information to all health partners. The WMMR is only a snapshot of the health conditions in those facilities where events are registered and data collected and does not necessarily reflect the situation from other health facilities.
The WMMR is a publication that has been developed for emergencies and previously used in other areas such as the Darfur Crisis.
The WMMR is produced with the financial support of AAI Australia, Americares, CIDA, Denmark, DFID, ECHO, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Monaco, Norway, SIDA, Slovak Republic, Switzerland, Turkey, USAID
- In the past month (Epidemiological weeks 04-07 inclusive), 130,109 health events under surveillance were reported including 90 deaths
- This week, there were 267 reporting units contributing to the report.
- In week 7, Total 62,149 consultations were reported, with 23 deaths
- The rate of acute watery diarrhoea has decreased from week 6 (5%)
- The ARI rate is two percentage points lower in week 7 of 2007 than that of week 7 of 2006
- There were no measles cases reported in week 7