The WMMR objectives are to monitor the trend of health conditions over a period of time and provide vital information to all health partners. The WMMR is only a snapshot of the health conditions in those facilities where events are registered and data collected and does not necessarily reflect the situation from other health facilities.
The WMMR is a publication that has been developed for emergencies and previously used in other areas such as the Darfur Crisis.
The WMMR is produced with the financial support of AAI Australia, Americares, CIDA, Denmark, DFID, ECHO, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Monaco, Norway, SIDA, Slovak Republic, Switzerland, Turkey, USAID
- In the past month (Epidemiological weeks 12-15 inclusive), 154,101 health events under surveillance were reported including 65 deaths
- This week, there were 323 (96%) reporting units contributing to the report.
- In week 15, Total 98,462 consultations were reported, with 13 deaths
- An outbreak of suspected hepatitis was identified in village Tangara, district Poonch
- Two cases of neonatal tetanus were reported from Mansehra district
- Four cases of measles were reported from district Poonch