- Five alerts of suspected outbreaks for suspected Cholera, Haemorrhagic Fever and Measles were received and responded during week 21 (16-22 May, 2009).
- Overall Acute Diarrhoea reported in 6238 (12%) of total consultations in all age groups and from all the IDP hosting districts
- Acute Diarrhoea in children less than 5 years age reported for 23% of the total consultation in the age group and above 5 years in 9% of the consultations
- ARI is the leading cause of consultations accounting for 11795 (23%) of all reported consultations in the IDP hosting districts
- One hundred Sixty-four (164) DEWS reporting Units reported a total of 50148 consultations in IDP hosting districts of NWFP during the week.
- Weekly DEWS reporting from three new IDP camps (Jalozai IV, V and Mazdoorabad) in district Mardan and Nowshera started in this week.