- Eight alerts (seven for suspected Measles and one for suspected H1N1) received during the Epidemiological week 9, 2010 and responded.
- During this week, 455 health facilities in the DEWS network reported 122,058 patient consultations
- Acute Respiratory Tract Infections (ARI) accounted for a total of 39,792 (33%) patient consultations and continues to be the leading cause of morbidity.
- Acute Diarrhea reported in 8,014 (7%) of the total patient visits in all age groups. In the children below 5 years age Diarrhea accounts for 13% of the consultations and in patients above 5 years age diarrhea reported in 4% of the consultations
- In children less than 5 years of age, ARI accounts for 14,083 (45%) of the total consultations in the age group.
- In week 9, 2010, forty-nine DEWS sites reported 1,683 Ante Natal visits.