- During the Epidemiological week 5, 2010 five alerts (four for suspected Measles and one for suspected H1N1) were received and responded.
- During the week, 440 health facilities reported 138,424 patient consultations through the DEWS network
- Acute Respiratory Tract Infections (ARI) continues to be the leading cause of consultations, with a total of 51,366 (37%) patient visits in the IDP hosting and the crisis affected districts of NWFP.
- In children less than 5 years of age, ARI accounts for 17,580 (50%) of the total consultations in the age group.
- Acute Diarrhea reported in 7,687 (6%) of the total consultations in all age groups. Diarrhea accounts for 11% of the consultations in the children below 5 years age and 4% of the consultations in the patients above 5 years of age
- In week 5, 2010, Fifty-four DEWS sites reported 1,539 Ante Natal visits, and 1,318 consultations for chronic non-communicable diseases