- During the Epidemiological week 51, 2009, five alerts, three for suspected measles and two for Acute Flaccid Paralysis received and responded accordingly.
- During the week, 437 health facilities reported 152,839 patient consultations through the DEWS network
- Acute Respiratory Tract Infections (ARI) continues to be the leading cause of morbidity, with a total of 55,898 consultations (37% of total consultations) in the IDP hosting and conflict affected districts of NWFP.
- Acute Diarrhoea reported in 9,979 (7%) of the total consultations in all age groups, Diarrhoea accounts for 12% of the consultations in the children below 5 years age and 5% of the consultations in the patients above 5 years of age
- In children less than 5 years of age, ARI accounts for 18,117 (46%) of the total consultations in the age group.
- In the week 51, 2009, Thirty-seven DEWS sites reported 1,224 Ante Natal visits, while 1,176 consultations for chronic non-communicable diseases and Thirty-one sites reported 287 injuries.