- During the Epidemiological week 52, 2009, four alerts, two for suspected measles, one for suspected H1N1 and one for suspected acute flaccid paralysis received and responded accordingly.
- During the week, 406 health facilities reported 130,224 patient consultations through the DEWS network
- Acute Respiratory Tract Infections (ARI) continues to be the leading cause of morbidity, with a total of 46,148 consultations (35% of total consultations) in the IDP hosting and conflict affected districts of NWFP.
- Acute Diarrhoea reported in 7,693 (6%) of the total consultations in all age groups, Diarrhoea accounts for 10% of the consultations in children less than 5 years age and 4% of the consultations in the patients above 5 years of age
- In children less than 5 years of age, ARI accounts for 15,035 (45%) of the total consultations in the age group.
- Thirty-four DEWS sites reported 924 Ante Natal visits, while 1,101 consultations for chronic non-communicable diseases and Twenty-four sites reported 235 injuries during the week.