- During the Epidemiological week 50, 2009, one alert for suspected measles received and responded accordingly.
- During the week, 429 health facilities reported 129,313 patient consultations through the DEWS network
- Acute Respiratory Tract Infections (ARI) continues to be the leading cause of morbidity, with a total of 43,329 consultations (34% of total consultations) in the IDP hosting and conflict affected districts of NWFP.
- Acute Diarrhoea reported in 8,103 (6%) of the total consultations in all age groups, Diarrhoea accounts for 11% of the consultations in the children below 5 years age and 5% of the consultations in the patients above 5 years of age
- In children less than 5 years of age, ARI accounts for 14,279 (43%) of the total consultations in the age group.
- In the week 50, 2009, Thirty-four DEWS sites reported 988 Ante Natal visits, while 1,186 consultations for chronic non-communicable diseases and Thirty-one sites reported 324 injuries.