- During the Epidemiological week 49, 2009, four alerts, one for suspected influenza H1N1 and three for suspected measles received and responded accordingly.
- During the week, 413 health facilities reported 89,575 patient consultations through the DEWS network
- Acute Respiratory Tract Infections (ARI) continues to be the leading cause of morbidity, with a total of 29,032 consultations (32% of total consultations) in the IDP hosting and conflict affected districts of NWFP.
- Acute Diarrhoea reported in 5,747 (6%) of the total consultations in all age groups, Diarrhoea accounts for 11% of the consultations in the children below 5 years age and 5% of the consultations in the patients above 5 years of age
- In children less than 5 years of age, ARI accounts for 9,191 (42%) of the total consultations in the age group.
- In the week 48, 2009, Thirty-one DEWS sites reported 439 Ante Natal visits, while 630 consultations for chronic non-communicable diseases and Twenty-four sites reported 245 injuries.