- During the Epidemiological week 1, 2010, five alerts; two for suspected H1N1 and three for suspected measles were received and responded accordingly.
- During the week, 427 out of the 508 health facilities, timely reported 141,763 patient consultations through the DEWS network
- The DEWS Priority Diseases recorded in 76,088 (54%) patient visits and Acute Respiratory Tract Infections (ARI) remained the leading cause of morbidity, accounting for 52,320 (37%) of all the total reported consultations.
- Acute Diarrhea reported in 7,597 (5%) of the total consultations in all age groups. In children below 5 years age Diarrhea accounts for 3,377 ( 9%) of the consultations and in 5 year and above AD reported in 4,220 (4%) patients
- In children less than 5 years of age, ARI accounts for 17,892 (50%) of the total reported consultations in the age group.
- Forty-eight DEWS sites reported 1,585 Ante Natal visits, 1,304 consultations for chronic non-communicable diseases and thirty?four sites reported 234 injuries.