- During the Epidemiological week 53, 2009, one alert for suspected measles was received and responded accordingly.
- During the week, 436 health facilities reported 114,025 patient consultations through the DEWS network
- Acute Respiratory Tract Infections (ARI) continues to be the leading cause of morbidity, with a total of 42,423 consultations (37% of total consultations) in the IDP hosting and conflict affected districts of NWFP.
- Acute Diarrhoea reported in 6,417 (6%) of the total consultations in all age groups, Diarrhoea accounts for 10% of the consultations in the children below 5 years age and 4% of the consultations in the patients above 5 years of age
- In children less than 5 years of age, ARI accounts for 13,349 (48%) of the total consultations in the age group.
- In the week 53, 2009, Thirty eight DEWS sites reported 799 Ante Natal visits and 929 consultations for chronic non communicable diseases while Twenty eight sites reported 203 patient visits with injuries.