I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- Flood-affected people in Qambar Shahdadkot and Ghotki districts in Sindh are in need of immediate humanitarian assistance, including food and livelihoods assistance, shelter support, safe drinking water, nutritional support, education and protective services. These two districts were not originally prioritized for humanitarian response by the Government.
- With winter fast approaching, shelter items and winterization packages are urgently needed, especially for children, women and the elderly, to protect them from harsh weather conditions. Without adequate shelter the risk of acute respiratory infections and pneumonia will escalate in the flood- and insecurity-affected areas in the coming weeks and months.
- Parts of Balochistan and Sindh are still under water, hampering relief and recovery efforts and heightening the spread of waterborne diseases. These areas may remain inundated for several more months, as the rate of evaporation will be low during winter. The winter (Rabi) planting season may be at risk.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.