• Standing water in flood-affected districts of Sindh and Balochistan remains of great concern. Dewatering of flooded areas is an urgent need.
• In some areas, people stranded in floodwaters are still being rescued through boats to safer places.
• In the initial first phase, 140,000 flood-affected people have received monthly food rations for three districts of Sindh and Balochistan. Another 1.2 million of the most vulnerable people will be assisted with monthly rations if funding commitments materialize.
• The humanitarian agencies have supplied medicines enough for nearly 450,000 people in the flood affected areas.
• Over 253,000 people are receiving clean water through water tankers every day.
• Funding constraints are hampering humanitarian response in the flood-affected areas.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.