H i g h l i g h t s
• In September 2018, the prices of wheat and wheat flower increased by 0.5% and 0.7%, respectively, over August 2018; the prices of rice Irri-6 and rice Basmati increased by 1.9% and 0.1%, respectively, in September 2018 when compared to the previous month;
• Headline inflation based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) decreased in September 2018 by 0.06% over August 2018 and increased by 5.12% over September 2017;
• The prices of staple cereals and most of non-cereal food commoditiesin September 2018 experienced negligible to slight fluctuations when compared to the previous month’s prices;
• In September 2018, the average ToT negligibly increased by 0.9% from previous month;
• In October 2018, the total global wheat production for 2018/19 is projected at 730.92 million MT, showing a decrease of 2.08 million MT compared to the projection made last month.