• Average retail prices of staple cereals showed a modest upward trend in March compared to the previous month.
• Wheat and wheat flour prices were higher by 25 and 21 percent respectively, compared to a year ago.
• Most non‐cereal food commodities experienced marginal increases in their prices.
• Headline CPI on a yearly basis was recorded at 8.5 percent, compared to 7.9 percent in the previous month.
• Estimates suggest a marginal decline in global wheat production and supply in March.
• Average terms‐of‐trade for low‐income earners worsened slightly during the month.
• The Government of Pakistan has notified of a small decrease in the price of super petrol.