GLIDE n=B0 FF-2007-000082-PAK and TC-2007-000084-PAK
Operations update n=B0 17
Period covered by this Ops Update: 1 October to 15 December 2009
Appeal target (current): CHF 14.1 million (USD 13.73 million or EUR 9.31 million);
Appeal coverage: 99%;
- This operations update further extends this emergency appeal until December 2010; only for the warehouse construction under the organizational development component.
- Operations update 15 extended this appeal until December 2009 only for the activity under organizational development component.
- Operations update 13 signalled the revision of the budget to CHF 10.2 million and extension till June 2009.
- A Revised Emergency Appeal was launched on 17 July 2007 for CHF 21.34 million (USD 20.6 million or EUR 13.5 million) to assist 360,500 beneficiaries (51,500 families) for six months.
- CHF 250,000 was allocated from the Federation's Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF) on 2 July 2007.
- A Preliminary Emergency Appeal for Cyclone Yemyin/floods was launched on 4 July 2007 for CHF 10.38 million (USD 10 million or EUR 6.6 million) for six months to assist 98,000 beneficiaries (14,000 families)
Due to security concerns, the site for the warehouse in Karachi has been changed. For the new site, redesigning of the warehouse drawing is required. For completion of the warehouse, an extension till December 2010 is sought for this emergency appeal.
This emergency appeal was first launched in July 2007 to support the vulnerable communities affected by the Cyclone Yemyin/floods in Sindh and Baluchistan. In 2008, the appeal entered its recovery and rehabilitation phase, focusing towards long-term developmental work in the two affected provinces, through community based disaster risk management; basic health care and capacity building; and capacity building of the national society. The recovery activities under this appeal were implemented through integrated programme approach (IPA).
Community based disaster risk management and basic health care and capacity building components have been closed down since June 2009. Only one activity (construction of warehouse at PRCS Sindh provincial branch) is remaining to be completed.
To date, contributions to this appeal have been received from American Red Cross, Australian Red Cross/Australian government, Austrian Red Cross, British Red Cross, Canadian Red Cross/Canadian government, Hong Kong Branch of the Red Cross Society of China, Czech Red Cross, Danish Red Cross/Danish government, Finnish Red Cross, German Red Cross, Icelandic Red Cross, Irish Red Cross/Irish government, Japanese Red Cross, the Republic of Korea Red Cross, Lichtenstein Red Cross, Monaco Red Cross, Netherlands Red Cross/Netherlands government, New Zealand Red Cross, Norwegian Red Cross/Norwegian government, Singapore Red Cross/Singapore government, Spanish Red Cross, Swedish Red Cross/Swedish government, Swiss Red Cross, Taiwan Red Cross Organization, Italian government, OPEC and the United Arab Emirates Red Crescent.
On behalf of the Pakistan Red Crescent Society, the International Federation would like to thank all partners for their response to this appeal.