Situation in Numbers
- 398,024 Confirmed cases
- 341,423 Recovered cases
- 8,025 Deaths
- 1.5 m People to be reached through social media (monthly)
- 10 m People to be supported with hygiene promotion
• During November there has been a constant increase in the number of COVID-19 positive cases (on 1st November reported positive cases were 1,123 and on 30th November the reported positive cases were 2,458).
• Over 140,730 children treated for SAM without complication in a safe environment at health facility (29,503 new) though UNICEF support.
• Using WASH sector communication networks, over 27 m (over 1 m new) people were reached with COVID-19 hygiene promotion messages and with UNICEF support reaching 9.3 m (754,769 new).
• Over 3.07 m people (620,861 new) benefited from continuity of primary healthcare services at UNICEF supported health facilities.
• Through UNICEF’s support, 114,857 parents, caregivers, children and individuals were reached with PSS through trained social workforce professionals (52,640 new).
• 142,978 frontline health workers were reached with basic PPEs (masks, gloves and hand sanitizers) with 54,818 health workers reached during the reporting period.