• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Pakistan has risen to 213,470 as of 01 July.
• The most affected province due to COVID-19 pandemic is Sindh 84,640 followed by Punjab 76,262.
• The recovery rate is 47.2 % against the COVID-19 Positive cases.
• The government is following the partial lockdown strategy across Pakistan to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
• As per estimates the GDP of Pakistan will be negative 38% during 2020 due to COVID-19 impact on the economy.
• The Government of Pakistan has allowed air services on major international airports across Pakistan.
• Locust swarms have already started laying eggs in Nagarparkar in Sindh near India Border.
• Locust swarms are also present in the Indus valley and started to form hopper bands in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
• WFP and FAO are jointly launching assessment in locust affected districts across the country to assess the scale of losses and determine the livelihood recovery needs of the targeted communities.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.