Sequel to the earthquake of 26 October which occurred at 1409 hrs, a commendable rescue and relief operation has been conducted with a sizeable relief having sent to the affected areas.
In view of ongoing rescue and relief efforts in response to October 26, 2015 earthquake mostly affecting areas in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, FATA, Gilgit Baltistan, AJ&K and Punjab, NDMA has extended all possible assistance to all Provinces and FATA. While as per Pakistan Metrological Department over 62 aftershocks with magnitude ranging from 2.5 to 5.3 on Richter scale have been recorded so far. NDMA and all associated departments are mobilizing maximum possible assistance for the earthquake affectees.
Chairman NDMA Major General Asghar Nawaz along with a field team has also reached Malakand Division to monitor relief activities and compensation assessment process. He will be visiting Bajaur Agency on 30 October,2015.
Following Measures have been taken by NDMA to ensure timely response:
• Satellite imageries from SUPARCO and aerial photography/survey from Pakistan Air Force received. Analysis indicate that no wide spread damages have occurred.
• All provinces have been advised to carry out verification of damages/losses in their respective areas which is to be completed by Sunday, 1st November, 2015.
• Payment of compensation to the affectees will commence from Monday, 2nd November and is required to be completed by Thursday, 5th November, 2015.
• As per NHA, all National Highways are opened for traffic.
• All telecommunication networks have been restored.
• NDMA in collaboration with Pakistan Air Force has sent C-130 carrying 2550 blankets for earthquake affectees of Chitral.
• NDMA requisitioned helicopter (with KPK Govt.) carried out two missions yesterday and stranded tourists from Naran, Basil.
• For awareness purpose, NDMA through PTA also issued/precautionary SMS Alerts in the areas of Shangla, Upper Dir, Chitral and Bajaur Agency.
• In order to assess ground situation and ascertain relief efforts, PM along with Chairman NDMA, Chairman NHA and concerned Ministers visited Shangla on 27th October, 2015. Later on 28 October 2015 and has visited Chitral and Peshawar.
• NDMA team is already in Chitral to assess the situation on ground and oversee relief operation.
• National Emergency Operation Centre of NDMA remains activated since the onset of earthquake and is functioning 24/7.
• So far NDMA has released 15,500 blankets, 8,750 tents 3,500 plastic mats, 14000 tarpaulin shelter, 10 ton of Food Packs and 14 tons of bottled water for the earthquake affectees.
• NDMA's Help Line Number 111-157-157 and 051-9205037 is being manned for updates since the start of emergency.
• In case of any emergency or to register complain please contact NDMA UAN No. 111-157-157 and 051-9205037 Provincial Emergency Operational Cell Contact No. PDMA Punjab, 042-99203162,64 PDMA KP, 091-9213845 FDMA 091-9216864 and 091-9218351 SDMA AJ&K 05822-921643 GBDMA 05811-920874
• Latest state of losses/damages and relief provision is shown on NDMA website www.ndma.gov.pk