1. Rivers Flow Situation Reported by Flood Forecasting Division. All rivers are flowing at Normal levels except River Indus at Tarbela, Kalabagh & Chashma, River Kabul at Nowshera, River Chenab at Marala, Khanki & Qadirabad and River Ravi at Jassar, Shahdara & Balloki which are to Low Level. Details at Annex A.
2. Past Meteorological Situation and Future Forecast by PMD. Significant rainfall reported in last 24 hours is; Palandri 53 mm, Parachinar 30 mm, Kallar 28 mm & Mithi 21 mm.
Forecast for next 24 hours predicts widespread wind-thunderstorm / rain with heavy falls at isolated places over South & South-eastern Sindh. Scattered thunderstorm / rain with isolated moderate falls over Eastern Balochistan alongwith D.G.Khan Division. Isolated thunderstorm / rains over upper catchments of Rivers Jhelum, Chenab, Ravi and Sutlej alongwith Bahawalpur, Gujranwala, Lahore, Sahiwal and Rawalpindi Divisions. Details at Annex B.
3. Dam Levels Serial Reservoirs Max Conservation Level & Storage Current Level & Storage Remaining Level & Storage (Feet) (MAF*) (Feet) (MAF*) (Feet) (MAF*)
a. Tarbela 1,550.00 6.174 1,496.80 3.393 53.2 2.781 b. Mangla 1,242.00 7.406 1,212.25 5.191 29.75 2.215 (* MAF – Million Acre Feet)
4. Significant Events Last 24 Hours
a. Heavy rains reported in Punjab from 12 – 13 July 2017.
b. Flash flooding in Talli River District Sibbi, no damage to property but 1 x Death was reported on 13 July 2017.
5. Road Situation (NHA and Respective Provinces)
a. Due to heavy rains in District Gujrat small portion of bridge on Gujrat to Kurrianwala road was damaged. A bailey bridge was installed and the road link was restored on 14 July 2017.
b. Gigit – Skardu Road (S-1) was blocked at eleven locations due to landslides on 12 July 2017. 5 x Blocks have been cleared while work on remaining road block locations is underway.
d. All other roads across the Country are clear for all types of traffic.
6. Railway Situation. All railway routes are clear.
7. Preliminary Losses / Damages Reported. Overall details of losses / damages during Monsoon Season 2017 are at Annex C.
8. Relief Provided a. 155 x Tents, 270 x Blankets, 150 x Plastic Mats, 300 x Quilts, 300 x Kitchen Sets, 150 x Gas Cylinders, 300 x Jerry Cans and 300 x Mosquito Nets have been provided by PDMA KP to District Shangla, Malakand and Dir Lower on 13 July 2017.
b. 300 x Tents, 1,000 x Mosquito Nets, 1,000 x Jerry Cans, 200 x Sleeping Bags, 100 x Water Tanks, 50 x Life Saving Jackets, 100 x Kitchen Sets, 5 x Wheel Chairs and 120 Bags (25 KGs each) of Rice have been provided by PDMA Balochistan to District Zhob on 12 July 2017.
c. Overall details of relief provided are at Annex D.
9. Any Critical Activity to Report. Nothing to Report.
10. NDMA Recommendation. Considering Weather Advisory No 2 issued by PMD on 13 July 2017, all concerned departments are advised to remain on High Alert during 15 – 19 July 2017 and ensure following necessary actions. Clearance of sewerage / drainage system in all major cities especially Karachi, Hyderabad, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Lahore, Multan, Quetta & Peshawar by relevant stakeholders. Critical monitoring of main sewerage channels of major cities like Lai Nullah be ensured by relevant stakeholders.
b. Issue repeated alerts to people residing in / close to river plains / water courses.
c. Raising awareness to public with regards to vacating dangerous buildings, remaining away from electric wires/ poles and avoid swimming during rain especially in underpasses.
d. Advising vulnerable population not to venture into nullahs / flash flooding routes.
e. NHA, FWO and C&W Depts of respective Provinces / Regions to remain vigilant in restoring road links. Opening of Gilgit – Skardu (S-1) Road be expedited and tourist be cautioned to avoid travelling to such areas by relevant stakeholders.
f. NIH / NHEPRN to advise all provincial Health departments about pre-placement of necessary staff and medicines, where required.
g. Vulnerable communities along reaches of Rivers Chenab, Jhelum, Ravi, Sutlej and their tributaries / Nullahs to be sensitized for requisite measures.
h. Staff of emergency services be sensitized for availability on weekend.
i. PDMA Punjab Only. Please share segregated data of losses & damages from start of Monsoon Season 2017as reflected at Annex C.
k. Deputy Commissioner Islamabad. Please share details of damages losses of Islamabad since start of Monsoon Season 2017.