Landmine blast leaves two dead in Bolan district

Report
from DAWN Group of Newspapers
Published on 26 Feb 2013 View Original

QUETTA: Two people lost their lives in a landmine explosion in Balochistan’s Bolan district on Tuesday, said security officials.

According to details, the incident took place in Haft Wali area of Bolan district. Four local tribesmen were passing thorough a farming field when one of them accidentally touched a landmine, said officials. Two tribesmen died on the spot due to heavy explosion, they added.

Security officials cordoned off the area after the incident and initiated an investigation.

No group has so far claimed responsibility of the incident.

Bolan is considered a sensitive area where incidents of landmine explosions had happened in the past as well.

DAWN Group of Newspapers:
© The DAWN Group of Newspapers