* denotes new or updated items.
* SWAT - Pakistani fighters jets killed 25 Islamist fighters, including a commander, in an attack on a Taliban militant hideout in the northwestern Swat Valley, a military official said.
* BAJAUR - Pakistani warplanes and helicopter gunships struck militants positions in the Bajaur ethnic Pashtun region near the Afghan border but there were no immediate reports of any casualties.
The Pakistani military said it has killed about 1,100 militants in fighting in Bajaur since August but there has been no independent verification of that casualty estimate, or of estimates for casualties in Swat.
* DERA BUGTI - A roadside bomb struck a vehicle carrying an ethnic Baluch tribal leader, killing three of his guards and wounding five, in the southwestern town of Dera Bugti in Baluchistan province, police said. The leader, a supporter of former President Pervez Musharraf, was not hurt.
Separatist rebels not linked to Islamist militants have been fighting for years for a greater share of benefits from resources in gas-rich Baluchistan.
(Reporting by Junaid Khan and Sahibzada Bahauddin; Compiled by Kamran Haider; Editing by Robert Birsel and Paul Tait)
- Reuters - Thomson Reuters Foundation
- For more humanitarian news and analysis, please visit https://www.trust.org/alertnet