DTM Analysis Flow Monitoring Surveys - Migrants from Pakistan interviewed along the Mediterranean routes in 2016 and 2017 - November 2017

Report
from International Organization for Migration
Published on 22 Nov 2017 View Original
  • 2,581 surveys conducted with migrants from Pakistan in Italy, Bulgaria, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo*, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia and The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, in 2016 and 2017

Focus of the report

This report presents the profile of migrants and refugees travelling from Pakistan along the Central and the Eastern Mediterranean routes and interviewed under IOM’s Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) activities in 2016 and 2017.

The number of Pakistani nationals interviewed in 2016 is 1,253, 93% of whom (1,166) have been met by DTM data collectors along the Eastern Mediterranean route. The remaining 7% (87 migrants) were interviewed in Italy. In 2017, 1,328 Pakistani na onals have been interviewed: 71% of Pakistani respondents (940) were interviewed in Bulgaria, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo*, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia and The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (Eastern Mediterranean route), while the remaining 29% (388 migrants) were surveyed in Italy, either in loca ons close to disembarka on points in the South or in Friuli Venezia Giulia, the North-Eastern region at the border with Slovenia(1).

The report analyses comparatively the profile and responses of Pakistani migrants interviewed on both routes and years.

The first section presents the context of the Mediterranean routes in terms of nationalities interviewed in both years. The second section presents a profile of Pakistani migrants in terms of demographic profile, cost of journey, and their future travel intentions between the two routes and time periods. The last section contains more detailed information on methodology and the data collection process.

International Organization for Migration:
Copyright © IOM. All rights reserved.