Three Palestinian civilians were wounded, including a child, in the West Bank.
Israeli forces continued to target Palestinian fishermen in the Gaza Sea.
- 5 fishermen were arrested, one of whom was wounded, and their boat was confiscated in the northern Gaza Strip.
Israeli forces conducted 65 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank.
- 72 civilians, including 10 children and 4 women, were arrested in the West Bank.
- 18 of them, including 7 children and 3 women, were arrested in occupied Jerusalem.
Israeli forces continued their efforts to create Jewish majority in occupied East Jerusalem.
- A residential house was demolished in a Bedouin Community in al-Khan al-Ahmar area and another house in Beit Hanina.
- Shweiki and Qara'in families self-demolished their houses in Silwan and al-Mukaber Mount villages to avoids demolition costs.
Israeli forces continued their settlement activities in the West Bank
- A waterline was uprooted in the Northern Jordan Valley.
Israeli forces turned the West Bank into cantons and continued to impose the illegal closure on the Gaza Strip for the 10th year.
- Dozens of temporary checkpoints were established in the West Bank and others were re-established to obstruct the movement of Palestinian civilians.
- 7 Palestinian civilians were arrested at military checkpoints.
Israeli violations of international law and international humanitarian law in the oPt continued during the reporting period (16 - 22 February 2017).
During the reporting period, Israeli forces wounded 3 Palestinian civilians, including a child, in the West Bank. In the Gaza Strip, Israeli forces also continued to chase Palestinian fishermen in the Gaza Sea, wounding a fisherman.
In the West Bank, On 19 February 2017, Israeli forces wounded a Palestinian child in Bazaria village, northwest of Nablus when they opened fire from an Israeli military jeep at a number of students, who were on their way out of schools, without any reason.
On 20 February 2017, Israeli forces moved into al-Am'ari refugee camp, south of Ramallah, and wounded two civilians with bullets in the lower limbs. In the Gaza Strip, in the context of targeting Palestinian fishermen in the Gaza Sea, on 19 February 2017, Israeli gunboats stationed offshore, northwest of Beit Lahia in the northern Gaza Strip, heavily opened fire at Palestinian fishing boats and chased them. The shooting recurred on 19 and 20 February 2017. During the reported attacks, the Israeli naval soldiers arrested 5 fishermen; one of whom was wounded, and confiscated their boat along with the fishing net and equipment.