Weekly Report On Israeli Human Rights Violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (14 – 21 October 2015)
Wilful killings have been rising in occupied East Jerusalem
- 5 Palestinian civilians, including a child, were killed for suspicions of stabbing attempts.
Israeli forces have escalated the use of excessive lethal force against peaceful protests in oPt.
- 12 Palestinian civilians, including 4 children, were killed; one of whom was killed by a settler and another one succumbed to his wounds.
- 325 Palestinian civilians, including 46 children, were wounded in the West Bank.
- Among the wounded were 2 journalists and 6 paramedics in the Gaza Strip and a female journalist in the West Bank.
The collective punishment policy put into force against families of Palestinians carrying out alleged attacks against Israeli forces and settlers
- Israeli forces demolished the internal walls of an apartment in a residential building in Hebron.
Israeli forces conducted 75 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank and a limited one in the northern Gaza Strip
- 166 Palestinian civilians, including 35 children, a woman, a PLC member and a journalist, were arrested.
- 44 of them, including 19 children and a woman, were arrested in occupied Jerusalem.
Israeli forces have continued their efforts to create a Jewish demographic majority in occupied East Jerusalem.
- Israeli forces isolated neighbourhoods and villages in Jerusalem.
- Israeli forces assisted "Ateret Cohanim" settlement organization in seizing control over 2 houses in Silwan village.