Weekly Report On Israeli Human Rights Violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (15 - 21 May 2014)
Israeli forces continue systematic attacks against Palestinian civilians and property in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt)
•In excessive use of force, Israeli forces killed 2 Palestinian children in the West Bank
- 9 civilians, including 3 children and a photojournalist, were wounded.
• Israeli forces continued to open fire in the border areas of the Gaza Strip.
4 Palestinian civilians, including a child, were wounded in the northern and southern Gaza Strip.
15-dunum fields planted with wheat were burnt in the east of Khan Yunis.
• Israeli forces continued to use excessive force against peaceful protesters in the West Bank.
- A protester was wounded in Kofur Qaddoum, northeast of Qalqilya.
• Israeli forces conducted 86 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank and a limited one in the southern Gaza Strip.
39 Palestinian civilians, including 9 children, were arrested.
The entrance of Jenin Governmental Hospital was destroyed and tear gas canisters were fired inside it.
• Israel continued to impose a total closure on the oPt and has isolated the Gaza Strip from the outside world.
Israeli forces established dozens of checkpoints in the West Bank.
At least 9 Palestinian civilians, including 7 children, were arrested at military checkpoints in the West Bank.
• Israeli navy forces continued targeting Palestinian fishermen in the sea.
- Four fishermen were arrested and 4 boats were confiscated in the sea off Rafah shore, in the southern Gaza Strip.
• Israeli forces continued to support settlement activities in the West Bank and Israeli settlers continued to attack Palestinian civilians and property.
The electricity network in Ethna village, west of Hebron, was destroyed.
Settlers damaged 50 trees throughout the West Bank.
7 dunums were levelled and 500 trees were uprooted in Nahalin area, west of Bethlehem.