· A Palestinian resistance activist was killed and a civilian was wounded by IOF in the Gaza Strip.
· IOF have continued to use force against peaceful protests in the West Bank. - A Palestinian civilian was wounded.
· IOF conducted 53 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank and two limited ones into the Gaza Strip.
- IOF arrested 29 Palestinians, including 6 children.
· Israel has continued to impose a total closure on the OPT and has isolated the Gaza Strip from the outside world. - Israeli soldiers arrested 3 Palestinian civilians at various checkpoints in the West Bank.
· Israel has continued efforts to create a Jewish majority in East Jerusalem. - The Israeli municipality of Jerusalem ordered confiscation of 13 dunums of Palestinian land in Wad al-Jouz neighborhood. - Israel intends to construct hundreds of settlement units in Jerusalem and suburbs.
Israeli violations of international law and humanitarian law in the OPT continued during the reporting period (29 December 2011 – 04 January 2012):
During the reporting period, IOF killed a Palestinian resistance activist and wounded a civilian in the Gaza Strip. Another civilian was wounded in the West Bank.
In the Gaza Strip, on 30 December 2012, an Israeli warplane fired a missile at two Palestinian resistance activists in Juhor al-Dik village, south of Gaza City. An activist was killed by shrapnel throughout the body.
On 31 December 2012, a Palestinian civilian was wounded when Israeli soldiers positioned at the border between the Gaza Strip and Israel fired at him.
During the reporting period, Israeli gunboats fired at Palestinian fishing boats in the Gaza Strip. Israeli naval troops also arrested 3 fishermen, but released two of them later.
On 29 December 2012, Israeli warplanes bombarded a plot in the northern Gaza Strip, but no casualties were reported.
In the West Bank, during the reporting period, IOF used excessive force to disperse peaceful demonstrations organized in protest to Israeli settlement activities and the construction of the annexation wall in the West Bank. As a result, a Palestinian civilian was wounded. Dozens of Palestinian civilians and international human rights defenders suffered from tear gas inhalation.