Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) Continue Systematic Attacks against Palestinian Civilians and Property in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT)
· Two Palestinian civilians were killed and a third one was wounded by IOF in Qalandya refugee camp, south of Ramallah.
· A Palestinian civilian was wounded by IOF in the Gaza Strip.
· Israeli warplanes bombarded a tunnel at the Egyptian border in the southern Gaza Strip and a training site in the north.
· IOF continued to use force against peaceful protests in the West Bank.
3 Palestinian civilians, including two children, were wounded.
IOF arrested 3 international human rights defenders.
· IOF conducted 44 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank.
- IOF arrested 21 Palestinian civilians, including 6 children and a member of the Palestinian Legislative Council.
· Israel has continued to impose a total siege on the OPT and has isolated the Gaza Strip from the outside world.
· IOF have continued settlement activities in the West Bank and Israeli settlers have continued to attack Palestinian civilians and property.
Israeli violations of international law and humanitarian law in the OPT continued during the reporting period (28 July – 03 August 2011):
During the reporting period, IOF killed two Palestinian civilians and wounded 4 others, including two children, in the West Bank. They also wounded another civilian in the Gaza Strip.
On 01 August 2011, IOF killed two Palestinian civilians and wounded a third one in Qalandya refugee camp, south of Ramallah. IOF moved into the camp to arrest a number of Palestinian civilians.
During the reporting period, IOF used excessive force to disperse peaceful demonstrations organized in protest to Israeli settlement activities and the construction of the annexation wall in the West Bank. As a result, 3 Palestinian civilians, including two children were wounded and dozens of Palestinian civilians and international human rights defenders suffered from tear gas inhalation. IOF also arrested 3 international human rights defenders.
In the Gaza Strip, on 30 July 2011, a Palestinian civilian was wounded when Israeli soldiers stationed at the border between the Gaza Strip and Israeli opened fire at a number of Palestinian civilians who were collecting straws.
On 02 August 2011, Israeli warplanes bombarded a tunnel at the Egyptian border in the southern Gaza Strip, and a training site in the north. No casualties were reported.
During the reporting period, IOF conducted at least 44 military incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank, during which they arrested 21 Palestinian civilians, including 6 children and a member of the Palestinian Legislative Council. IOF also summoned 10 Palestinian civilians for interrogation.
Restrictions on Movement:
Israel had continued to impose a tightened siege on the OPT and imposed severe restrictions on the movement of Palestinian civilians in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, including occupied East Jerusalem.
The full report is available online at: http://www.pchrgaza.org/portal/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7634:weekly-report-on-israeli-human-rights-violations-in-the-occupied-palestinian-territory-28-july-03-aug-2011&catid=84:weekly-2009&Itemid=183