Final Report; Period covered: 1 May 2006 to 31 March 2007; Final appeal coverage: 69%.
- Call for Support letter issued in May 2006 for CHF 6,589,593 (USD 5,430,000) for 6 months.
- Due to the continuation of the international embargo, the original PRCS Emergency Appeal was revised till the end of December 2006 and the total budget increased; nevertheless the Call for Support budget was not changed.
- Disaster Relief Emergency Funds (DREF) allocated: CHF 250,000 (later returned to DREF).
This operation is aligned with the International Federation's Global Agenda, which sets out four broad goals to meet the Federation's mission to "improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity".
Global Agenda Goals:
- Reduce the numbers of deaths, injuries and impact from disasters.
- Reduce the number of deaths, illnesses and impact from diseases and public health emergencies.
- Increase local community, civil society and Red Cross Red Crescent capacity to address the most urgent situations of vulnerability.
- Reduce intolerance, discrimination and social exclusion and promote respect for diversity and human dignity.
For further information specifically related to this operation please contact:
- In occupied Palestinian territory: Younis Al Khatib, President, Palestine Red Crescent Society; email: Younis@palestinercs.org; phone: +970 2 240 6515/6/7; fax: +970 2 240 6518
- In occupied Palestinian territory: Ola Skuterud, Federation Representative, Federation Representative Office, Ramallah; email: Ola.Skuterud@ifrc.org; phone: +972 2 240 0485; fax: +972 2 240 0484
- In Geneva: Evgeni Parfenov, Federation Regional Officer, MENA Department, Geneva; phone 41 22 730 43 25; fax 41 22 733 03 95; email: Evgeni.Parfenov@ifrc.org
All International Federation assistance seeks to adhere to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO's) in Disaster Relief and is committed to the Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Response (Sphere) in delivering assistance to the most vulnerable.
For longer-term programmes in this or other countries or regions, please refer to the Federation's Annual Appeal. For support to or for further information concerning Federation programmes or operations in this or other countries, or for national society profiles, please also access the Federation's website at http://www.ifrc.org