Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
1. There have been seven IDF incursions into Gaza, resulting in at least 17 Palestinian deaths (including six civilians among them two children) and 39 injuries. Two IDF soldiers were injured. On 25 June, an Israeli helicopter-fired missile strike killed one Palestinian militant and injured two others including one bystander in Gaza.
2. Twenty-nine Qassams have been fired from the Gaza Strip by Palestinian militants towards Israel injuring 3 Israelis in Sderot on 24 June; damaging two buildings on 26 June.
3. The official closure of the three main crossing points in and out of the Gaza Strip remains in place- Rafah (17 days), Karni (16 days) and Erez for traders (14 days). The lack of Palestinian-Israeli security coordination is the principal reason for the closures.
4. Between 19- 27 June, progress was made in the entrance of humanitarian assistance and some commercial commodities into Gaza, via Kerem Shalom1 and Sufa crossings.
5. The UN estimates that 175 single trailers truck of basic foods and essentials are required daily to enter Gaza on a 5 day/week basis to meet minimum needs. During the last week, only 21% of the total daily consumption needs were met by imports.
Map: occupied Palestinian territories: The Gaza Strip - Situation Map (as of 27 Jun 2007)
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.