• Following a significant decline in hostilities overnight rocket firing from Gaza and Israeli strikes at targets in Gaza resumed today.
• 74 Palestinians, including 10 children and six women, are reported to have been killed, or their bodies identified, in the last 24 hours.
• Approximately 180,000 persons, almost ten per cent of the population of Gaza, are now taking shelter in UNRWA schools, compounding overcrowding and raising health concerns.
Latest developments: 17:00. Ten Palestinian children were reportedly killed when a missile struck a park in Beach Camp. Mortars fired from Gaza killed four Israelis, reportedly soldiers and wounded several others in southern Israel.
22:00. Notices were distributed to Beit Hanoun and all areas in northern Gaza to the east of the three km “buffer zone”, to evacuate to Gaza city. Evacuation notices were also distributed in eastern Gaza city earlier in the day.
24.00: It was also reported that evacuation notices were sent to Jabalia refugee camp in northern Gaza.
Palestinians killed, including at least 795 civilians, of whom 229 are children and 118 are women.
Palestinians injured, including 1,949 children and 1,160 women, as of 27 July.
Israelis killed, including two civilians and 44 soldiers, in addition to one foreign national.
Hospitals, clinics and medical centres hit and damaged by shelling.
Displaced people hosted in UNRWA schools, government schools and informal shelters, or with host families.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.