Below are key highlights on COVID-19 across the BAY state as of 9th of May, 2021 ADAMAWA STATE:
• 19 new confirmed cases were reported within the week. None of which is an active case because of the long turnaround time in the laboratory.
• 276 new samples were taken across the LGAs within the reporting week.
• Total number of confirmed cases as of 9th May 2021 stands at 1,130 with 32 deaths.
• 1 new case confirmed for the reported week.
• The total number of Confirmed Cases as at end of epi-week 18 stands at 1,348.
• 1 active case receiving care.
• No death recorded in week 18.
• Total associated deaths - 38.
• YOBE STATE:
• Fifteen (15) new confirmed cases were reported in week 18.
• The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases is four hundred and thirty-six (436).
• The total number of active confirmed cases is forty-six (46).
• Nineteen (19) patients have recovered, and no COVID-19 related mortality.
• Yobe SMOH and SPHCMB, in collaboration with WHO, provided COVID-19 vaccination to the UN staff and their dependents in the state. In the end, up to 51 people [32 Males, 19 Females] were provided with the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Only 2 non-serious AEFIs were reported.