Situation in numbers
- 1.4 Million Children Currently Displaced Across the Lake Chad Basin
- 2.6 Million People Currently Displaced Across the Lake Chad Basin
- 1.8 Million People Currently Internally Displaced in Northeast Nigeria
- 2.2 Million People Living in Inaccessible Areas in Northeast Nigeria
- 398,188 Children with Severe Acute Malnutrition in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa States
UNICEF Response highlights
- 89,178 children with severe acute malnutrition (SAM) have been reached through UNICEF’s Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) program and to date, over 87% of the children who have received treatment have recovered.
- Nearly 2.7 million people have been reached with emergency integrated primary health care services.
- Over 5.8 million children were vaccinated against polio in the first round in Borno, Yobe, Adam The second round commenced in 10 LGAs in Borno State, including MMC, Jere and Mafa in southern Borno. Vaccination activities were carried out alongside nutrition screening in these 3 LGAs.
- Nearly 135,000 children have received psychosocial support, and 2,472 women and children associated with Boko Haram and victims of sexual and gender based violence have received care and support.
- Nearly 84,000 children have received access to education in a protective and safe learning environment, including 20 temporary learning spaces in newly accessible areas in Gwoza and Bama LGAs.